Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby pictures

Today's progress in the ring was minimal, but I'm still very happy with Ellie's learning curve. She trotted around the round pen for about half the ring at a time, before stopping dead. Small steps... small steps. I did notice she seemed less than thrilled about even walking today, and I don't want her to become ring sour, so the plan for tomorrow is just easy lunging in the big arena, no tack.

I found a local tack shop that does custom leather work, which is really freaking awesome. I'm having a custom bracelet made for me, and I'm having the back of my noseband shortened. If you recall from this post, I had mentioned that Pessoa makes their nosebands stupid big. Well, that problem will be fixed, however, this means I don't have Ellie's bridle for tomorrow. A nice hack on the lunge line and a good long spa treatment with some love and treats is just what the doctor ordered.

On a side note however - I found a baby picture of Ellie!!!

I was doing some research trying to figure out where her action came from, and was researching Anrijetto, her grandsire on her mother's side. While searching around, I stumbled upon the old website for Ellie's breeder. On here I found a baby picture of Ellie, a picture of Ellie's sister, Fascination, and one of her mother, Pnervana. I was thrilled, and made an audible sqee (which solicited some teasing from the boyfriend). I love my mare, and finding a baby picture of her is absolutely thrilling.

So, with that, I'll quit yapping and let you enjoy the pictures I've found.

Baby Ellie, at what I assume is her inspection. 

El Bundy, her father. 

Pnervana, her mother. 

Fascination, her half sister (Fuerst Gotthard x Pnervana)
Fuerst Gotthard is a son of the stallion I would like to breed Ellie to, First Gotthard


No comments:

Post a Comment